We are looking for a Back End Software Engineer who will work closely with our product, AI research, design and development teams to build and deliver a cutting edge platform to completely change the delivery of healthcare for everyone on the planet.
We're a global technology company combining advanced AI, data analytics and decision support algorithms to change the delivery of healthcare for everyone on the planet. Based in Sydney and London, we're working with industry leaders, servicing a customer base in Europe, Asia and North America.
To be successful working with us you will bring:
- a passion and willingness to make a difference in global healthcare & technology
- the desire to make advanced technology solve challenging problems
- commitment to do what it takes to build high-quality product at light speed
- the attitude to make the whole team better because you are there
We are an equal opportunity employer and we need people to join us who care about what we want to do and help us build a brilliant product to do it.
If that sounds like you, please send us your details and tell us why. We respect your time and promise to let you know how your application is progressing.
As a Back End Engineer, you’ll play a meaningful role in:
- Building REST APIs for use in Big Picture’s web application
- Integrating with customers and third parties through a variety of interfaces including custom APIs and medical standards
- Acting as an advocate and mentor for developers looking to improve their skills
- Collaborating with our multidisciplinary product team, which includes technological, clinical, and business team members.
- Work in a passionate, dynamic, growing environment with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new methodologies and technologies
Your day will include:
- Programming well-designed, testable and efficient code
- Designing and delivering secure web APIs to be consumed by our singe page web application
- Working across our products, microservices and internal tools to implement new features, improvements and bug fixes
- Code reviewing your peers
- Coordinating with product lead and developers to propose requirements and solutions
- Investigating and implementing new technologies
- Striving for excellence. Bring and encourage best practices and tooling in software development
The right person for the role will:
- Have at least 3 years of recent backend development experience
- Have experience developing API driven applications
- Have an appreciation of performance and security best practices for RESTful services
- Have experience using a range of AWS services
- Ideally have basic knowledge of medical integration standards such as HL7v2 or FHIR
- Preferably will have worked with PHP frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony to develop API driven applications
- Preferably be proficient with Java 8 or above
- Preferably be able to design efficient and optimised relational database models