We are looking for an experienced Python Software Engineer who will work closely with our product, AI research, design and development teams to build and deliver cutting edge product interfaces to completely change the delivery of healthcare for everyone on the planet.
We're a global technology company combining advanced AI, data analytics and decision support algorithms to change the delivery of healthcare for everyone on the planet. Based in Sydney and London, we're working with industry leaders, servicing a customer base in Europe, Asia and North America.
To be successful working with us you will bring:
- a passion and willingness to make a difference in global healthcare & technology
- the desire to make advanced technology solve challenging problems
- commitment to do what it takes to build high-quality product at light speed
- the attitude to make the whole team better because you are there
We are an equal opportunity employer and we need people to join us who care about what we want to do and help us build a brilliant product to do it.
If that sounds like you, please send us your details and tell us why. We respect your time and promise to let you know how your application is progressing.
As an experienced Python Software Engineer, you’ll play a meaningful role in:
- Developing an application for integrating with medical imaging devices and communicating with Big Picture’s cloud platform
- Enabling Big Picture's goal of democratising medicine
- Collaborating with our multidisciplinary product team, which include clinical, technological and business team members.
- Work in a passionate, dynamic, growing environment with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new methodologies and technologies
Your day will include:
- Developing client-side device integration code and connecting this with Big Picture’s cloud platform
- Creating an installer for Big Picture's desktop service with configuration for different device types and network topologies
- Implementing a process that allows Big Picture's users to always stay up to date with the latest software version
- Building new client-side integrations with modern medical devices
- Striving for excellence. Bring and encourage best practices and tooling in software development
The right person will:
- Have 4+ years of software engineering or relevant experience
- Be proficient in building Python for creating applications
- Have experience with building desktop applications and services
- Have knowledge of differences between common image formats, lossless and lossy: BMP, PNG, JPG, JP2, WEBP, FLIF
- Ideally have knowledge of hashing algorithms, symmetrical cryptography and public-key cryptography
- Preferably have knowledge of common medical integration standards and data formats, particularly DICOM, HL7 v2 and FHIR
- Preferably have experience with relational databases eg. PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server