As a Technical Support Engineer, you will support both our customers and internal team with any technical queries or issues. You will be required to have a good understanding of the platform in order to solve issues in an accurate and timely manner.
Although you'll work closely with our product team, you'll be able to manage yourself to deliver milestones, make significant decisions and shape the customer experience.
A typical day for your new role might look like:
- Provide 3rd line customer support at the Big Picture helpdesk during business hours
- Resolve problems in a timely manner or escalate on behalf of customers to senior technical staff
- Document issues and provide updates to leadership, the team and end-users as necessary
- Provide support and assistance during product deployment in the various cloud environments
- Contribute to and maintain a Big Picture Knowledge base for support management
- Facilitate hardware repairs, upgrades and migrations
- Support employee device security standards (MDM/antivirus/firewall/patching/Multi-Factor Authentication)
- Handle system access and maintain user accounts, data integrity & security for internal applications
- Help to evaluate hardware and software solutions and participate in internal technology projects;
You’ll love this role if you:
- Thrive on working in a dynamic organisation that is rapidly evolving and are comfortable navigating through the ambiguity, change and occasional challenge that it creates;
- Have a growth mindset, a high ownership mentality and a willingness to take responsibility for goals and outcomes;
- Enjoy using your initiative and experience to identify (or ideally, preempt!) issues, while growing and supporting the team with new ways of thinking;
- You connect to our mission for better patient healthcare;
- You love learning and expanding your technical expertise in IT-supported technologies;
- Excel at solving problems and have fantastic software troubleshooting skills; and
- Are proud to deliver high-quality solutions.
The right person will have:
- Strong written and oral communication skills - experience in customer-facing roles is a plus
- A minimum of two years experience working in operational IT roles
- A working understanding of public cloud infrastructure architecture within a service provider such as Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of containerisation using Docker and managed services such as AWS ECS
- Previous experience with relational database queries using SQL and web services
- Some familiarity with MDM solutions such as Airwatch/Workspace One
- A good understanding of networking technology
You are not required to have any healthcare knowledge but you have the confidence and initiative to pick up the necessary understanding quickly.
If this sounds like you, please submit your CV along with a Cover Letter. We appreciate the time it takes to express your interest and are committed to responding to every application.